DeckWise Joist tape can be applied to decking joists, around deck support posts, and over ledger boards. DeckWise Joist Tape creates a waterproof seal that helps prevent decay and wood rot. DeckWise Joist Tape is a waterproof wood flashing that uses rubberized asphalt mastic adhesive.
When DeckWise Joist tape is applied to the top of decking joists or over ledger boards, and around support posts, it creates a waterproof seal that helps stop decay and wood rot. Rot is caused by moisture that stays in contact with treated and untreated lumber deck framing and the above decking material.
Wood decay can also occur when deck screws penetrate the deck boards, piercing the joist sub-framing below. The application of WiseWrap JoistTape seals around decking screws to prevent the intrusion of moisture and water.
WiseWrap JoistTape rubberized asphalt adhesive is a self-sealer around deck screws that blocks a primary pathway for water infiltration into deck joists. When it blocks this moisture and prevents wood rot, the barrier tape will maximize the life of a brand new deck or restoration.
JoistTape blocks corrosion when placed between ACQ, CA-B, or ACZA treated lumber and metal surfaces, such as galvanized metal and aluminum, it creates a physical barrier that prevents the corrosion of the metal surface caused by contact with the chemicals in treated lumber
- JoistTape “Super Grip” rubberized asphalt adhesive is a self-sealer around deck screws that blocks a primary pathway for water infiltration into deck joists.
- For use on joists, posts, ledger boards, cut ends
- JoistTape is intended to be shielded by either deck boards or siding, and should not be exposed to direct sunlight for a period of more than 90 days.
- Install at 40 Degrees F or warmer
- Must be applied to clean, dry surface
- .3 to .4 Mil Thickness
Would you like to talk to a hardwood decking specialist? We would love to help you 1.877.203.2004